Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Science Daily is Confused on Some Issues

I was actually going to write a whole article (and may still) on the many uses of willow.  But I came across all these articles that just had my head spinning by the time I was done reading them.  Evidently, Science Daily is very confused about both African savannahs and bio fuel.  I could go on posting other links, this is just the tip of the iceberg.  

What are your thoughts on this matter?  My guess is probably that fuel wood is being depleted in Africa and biofuel, while more than possible, is a trojan horse which will cause far more damage than good.  Isn't it time we move past combustion as an energy source anyway?  

Perhaps its time they stopped being so damned impartial and actually do a little investigation and research of their own!  Its not like I expect you to be out there with test tubes and sample jars.  Just explain how these articles relate to each other! 

I realize these summaries are from different viewpoints, timelines, dates, regions, and data.  I don't doubt that there is evidence to support all of these arguments.  But wow, if you are going to do a summary of each one, can we at least get a little bit of consensus?  Can we refer to other articles that WE have posted and perhaps explain their relevance to the subject in the light of the new data WE are presenting now?

At least I know that I can trust them to be impartial.  Really, really, impartial..... 

Savanna Study Highlights African Fuelwood Crisis

Africa's Savannas May Become Forests by 2100, Study Suggests

Savannas and Forests in a Battle of the Biomes

Photovoltaics Beat Biofuels at Converting Sun's Energy to Miles Driven

Wind in the Willows Boosts Biofuel Production: Trees Grown Diagonally Produce Five Times More Biofuel

Cost-Effectiveness of Biofuels and Their Ability to Cut Fossil Fuel Use Questioned

Environmental Benefit of Biofuels Is Overestimated, New Study Reveals

Algae Biofuels: The Wave of the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment